Friday, March 2, 2007

My Music Video

Ok..sorry to keep you waiting for so long for the details...well the main reason for not putting it up was..I was really worried that I might not be able to finish it on time...

Anyway..now that it is done..here goes!

The day before shooting..Friday 23rd Feb,2007...I started reminding everyone that they were to make it by 10am at my house the next day(I had already booked them up for Sat,24th Feb 2007, giving them certain instructions for costumes etc...a "week" back)...but on that 23rd Friday...Sharmin my dear friend let me know at 11pm ( night) that she had forgotten to call up this girl I was asking for(was supposed to playing a part in my video!)...now that she had called her..she said she cudn't make it in such short notice!After sulking with Sharm..I called the girl..talked to her for a long time...and then she agreed.Then I called Ornob(Yes..the famous Ornob singer!)...he had just then stepped down from plane...I had asked him to help me with camera work..coz he was experienced and all, plus he had professional camera etc..and he seemed quite enthusiastic at the time...
Anyway he told me he would be there too the next day...
So happy and glad..with a lot of things in my mind...I sat down and started working on some accessories...my storyboard etc...then went to bed really late.

Shooting day:24th Feb,2007

Woke up early.
Sharm came at 10 am exactly...me glad..but she gloomy...she had to go home early..and could give me only an hour or so...where as she was to stay till afternoon!Me pissed a little...
Then called Ornob..doesn't answer phone..WORRIED..
Called Iftee..busy with his application stuffs...promised will be coming soon...still didn't have his sports apparel but will be getting them soon...
Oh My God!I was shocked and not happy with progress...all my plans were going wrong...meanwhile Ornob still not answering phone... must be sleeping after a week long travel!
Oh..I haven't told already...that I needed a child star...who I couldn't manage...so I was counting on a RISK...If I see a kid on the playground I'll convince and shoot...I know..everyone thought it was stupid!But I had to take the risk!No OPTION!

Ok so my characters were as follows:
A little girl<- lonely when she was a kid
A big girl<- Is looking sad thinking about her chilhood
Another hot looking woman<-getting plastic surgery..but becomes a warewolf after!Just a joke on plastic surgery
A guitarist
A footballer<- kicks ball on the screen (!)

So I was still at home calling Ornob and waiting for Iftee(supposed to be the footballer)..By the way Sharm and Iftee are going out...
Anyway...to make things worse that girl I called last night..sms- es me she can't make it for blah blah reasons..
So me thinking hard..what to do..I had to everything on Sat coz that is the onlyday I have holiday...
I called my neighbor..Farah...cud she come up??She said she had exams the next day..but since I insisted she came..on the spot I told her she had to give a shot for my Video...she estatic...quickly put on some makeup to look nice on the camera(my digital one...).
Then after trial and error...I got the shot I had wanted!
Iftee came at 11am..with his jersey and all...He got dressed and we were ready to go out...
meanwhile Ornob's cellphone was off...so I had to pray to Allah...and worried how my cheap camera will work...worried and a little down.. we headed off to a playground...

Now the hot girl for the Plastic surgery part called and said she couldn't make it!Anyway... none of the playground we went to wheren't right..In one of the there was league match so couldn't enter...the others didn't look green enough..by this time Iftee realized he didn't bring a football!
One bad news after another!

Anyway..while them two were loosing hope..I had to stay optimistic..finally I took them to a playground near my office..and that was it!There were some warm-up going on for a football match at oneside...and there was another playground with swings and all..just as in my storyboard that I had drawn...and it was empty..
So I went up a player and borrowed a ball..they gave me 10 mins..Iftee took some shots but at the end couldn't give a target...he is after all a PROGRAMMER..and a genius..but not a sportsman...and that was when I spotted a girl on a swing...perfect...she was cute and smart...I talked to her...and that was it...I took all the shots needed for my MV....

Then I went up to one of the players and asked if he could give a shot..he agreed...at it was superb!The effect was to make it look like the footballer hits on the camera and the screen breaks into pieces...Ofcourse I was behind the net but you couldn't tell...very smart!

Anyway...the guitarist was Iftee's friend..he could play well...and keeping the cosmic surgery part as cartoon...and not sleeping for 3 nights editing at midnight and working at office at daytime...I looked like a loonatic crazy woman...but it payed off...
My Video was posted and now I am happy that it is done!Thats all!