Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I am a bit excited today, I spoke to a director from Singapore. She worked in TV production for many years...she's 49 now and is doing her Masters in Documentary. Her name: Wahida.

OK the reason behind me being so excited is that we spoke about filmmaking, the procedures, editing tools etc. She is a professional and I felt like I got my invaluable resource of information...the door to gain knowledge from an expert. So I tried to share whatever I knew to check out what I was missing...learnt a lot from her and our conversation went really well.

I have been working on this short film plot for a while, and had shared that idea with many of my friends. I was a bit disappointed because most of them didn't really get the point...so I left it at that.

So today I took the opportunity and described her the plot...she seemed quite excited about it...I was soooo glad...well she could actually visualise the things exactly as I meant...and she was contributing...it was very interactive.

So yes, seems like I am in the right track...hope I don't get steered away!